This is one of my favourite summer salads. Refreshingly sweet, sour, and savoury.
Gluten-free, low-carb, dairy-free, vegan and egg-free.
Asian Cabbage Mango Slaw
Original recipe from Skinnytaste.com, but with a few modifications in red below.
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 bunch chopped kale
- 1 mango, not fully ripe
- 3 medium scallions, chopped (or 2 green onions, chopped)
1 tsp black and white sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juiced (approx 1 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp fresh miso paste
- Julienne the mango (cut into strips). Combine with the cabbage, carrots, scallions and toss together in a large bowl.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the rice vinegar, soy sauce, and lime juice; slowly whisk in the oil.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Let it sit at least 15-20 minutes to let the dressing soak in.
- Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.