Breakfast (@ home)
- Smoothie – carrot, celery, ginger, almond milk, strawberries, mango. Made way too much due to extreme inexperience making smoothies, so ended up with about 2.5 tall glasses worth of this stuff. Drank it throughout the day. Not a very proteiny breakfast, but I was feeling lazy!
No snack! 😀
Lunch (@ home)
- Had some leftover cauliflower crust pizza from last week (caramelized onion, figs, arugula, and naughty goat cheese), so nommed that up with a couple bonus slices of proscuitto.
Snack (@ home)
- A handful of homemade kale chips
Dinner (@ home)
- Chicken souvlaki – Would’ve had beef souvlaki too, if TC had defrosted the correct package of meat that is CLEARLY LABELLED lol.
- Ground pork tomato sauce zoodles – Well the beef TC defrosted was actually ground pork, so I had to do something with it to meaty up our dinner.
- For him only – Homemade tzatziki and Greek garlic lemon potatoes.
No cheats except the goat cheese on my “pizza”!
Not snacking is still difficult for me. It’s such a habit and part of my daily routine…it takes conscious effort not to just have a little something here and there.
I really like zoodles. I would happily replace spaghetti-type pasta with zoodles even after Whole30 is done. My julienne peeler is from Ming Wo and cost about $11? There was a cheaper OXO brand one, but I did a quick Amazon search while I was in the store and noticed this one had better reviews. So far I’m pretty happy with it. My only complaint is that you can’t really get the whole zuccini shredded – you get to a point and that’s as far as you can go. But no problem, I just chop up the remaining zucchini and throw it into whatever sauce I’ve made 🙂