Breakfast (@ TC’s)
- 1 hard boiled egg
- Piece of leftover steak from last night
- 1/2 leftover roasted tomato
- 1/4 avocado
Snack (on the road)
Found myself snacking a lot here because I didn’t really have time for lunch in this super hectic on-the-go morning. Didn’t end up eating “lunch” until 2pm! But regardless of these snacks, I never found myself feeling overly hungry at all…
- 1/2 slice of SOO brand pork jerky
- 2 small morsels of Ghirardelli 85% dark chocolate
- 2 dried mango slices, 2 dried apple slices
Lunch (@ BC Spot Prawn Festival)
Went to check out this cool festival with TC today – it only happens once a year! Admission comes with a plate of food. I was pleasantly surprised that the people serving the food were accommodating enough to offer (without me asking!) more salad when I told them I can’t have the potato salad or the bread bun. Kudos!
- 3 large spot prawns
- Some kind of cabbage salad with vinaigrette
- Greek salad – With feta and everything 😀
Snack (@ home)
- Paleo devilled eggs – Homemade mayonnaise. I made 5 eggs in total. TC and I each ate 1 egg (2 halves), and the rest are in my fridge for whenever I want a healthy, protein-rich, Paleo-friendly snack! Served with a bit of chopped tomatoes – YUMMM.
Dinner (@ home)
- Spot prawns – Bought from today’s festival. Simply boiled in water for 1.5 min and oh so delicious!
- Baked salmon
- Garlic “mashed” cauliflower – First time trying this. Super pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it! I would happily give up mashed potatoes for this healthy alternative.
Snack (@ home)
I made these Paleo-friendly zucchini chocolate bread mini cupcakes tonight (and ate two!). I modified this original recipe from OMGPaleo by using homemade cashew nut butter (felt like I’d been eating too many almonds and almond products lately, so trying to throw in some variety) and I substituted the honey 1:1 for fig puree (soaked a bunch of dried figs, then put them through the food processor with a tiny bit of the soaking water until it was a paste. I would put slightly more than 1:1 next time, as it isn’t as sweet as honey or agave, but overall I did like the reduced sweetness because I don’t like my desserts too sweet anyway).
Happy to be working more seafood into my diet, which I started trying to do before Whole30 anyway.
Enjoyed another beer tonight. Not gluten-free again. Weekends are tough to avoid the drink, but again, I’m not stressing over it. Though I should probably stick to my gin-sodas instead of the beer due to calorie and gluten content…
Nearly 1/3 of the way through Whole30, and I don’t really feel like I’m suffering or have sacrificed SO much. I’m really pleasantly surprised at how well I have been able to make this work (but then again, some might argue that I’ve had minor cheats here and there, but hey, I’m making it work :P)