Breakfast (@ home)
- 2 poached eggs
- 3 slices of smoked salmon
- 2 strips of reduced salt bacon
- 1/2 avocado
- A few raspberries and a few pieces of papaya
Snack (@ home)
- A few homemade yam chips
Lunch (@ home)
- Zoodles in clam sauce – I served this with extra broth to make it more like soup noodles. My #1 favourite hangover meal is soup noodles like instant noodles (mmm Shin Ramyun anyone?) or pho, but those are obviously not Paleo-friendly, and this was my way to curb my craving!
- A few pieces of papaya
Lunch #2 (@ home)
- Zoodles in miso soup – More zoodles. I get hungry when I don’t have protein in my meals. Yes, miso soup contains soy. This was a very conscious mini-cheat lol 😛
Dinner (@ Le Petit Saigon)
- Grilled lemongrass chicken vermicelli – Minus the vermicelli, of course. Replaced it with more lettuce instead and it was more like a salad. Delish!
- Also cheated and had 2 small pieces of a fried spring roll. Couldn’t resist.
- However, what I DID resist was the mango smoothie that everyone else at the tables around us were ordering. It looked so yummy and refreshing on a hot summer day, but when I asked the restaurant if they add sugar, not only did they tell me they add sugar, but also condensed milk. No no no no no. Went home and made my own mango smoothie instead 🙂
Snack (@ bonfire)
- Mango coconut smoothie – Homemade. Mango, coconut milk, shredded coconut, and a squeeze of lemon (I like things tart!) Healthier option than having a beer, which is wheaty and alcoholic.
- A few chili & lime almonds
- 1/2 slice of SOO brand pork jerky
Found a way to sort of curb my soup noodle cravings – zoodles in soup! 😀
I really can’t say no to Vietnamese fish sauce, which is a combination of vinegar, sugar, garlic, and fish sauce. Sugar = bad! But can’t say no 😦
I think I might be able to continue modified Paleo eating even after Whole30 is up…it’s all about making sensible choices, right? 🙂